Friday, April 6, 2012

Cigarettes and Coffee



Leave,

Forget all the moments of being with you
forget all words exchanged, old
or recent
for these words
words
are to be forgot.

Coffee doesn’t taste the same without you.
Instead of ordering for two as usual
now I just order for one.

I’ve stopped ordering drinks that got cold waiting for you.

Pour me another cup
dark
no sugar.
Caffeine
and nicotine
have become substitutes for sugar and honey.
I take a deep
bitter drag of smoke
in memoriam of your absence
and make these blank walls of my room the designated smoking area
of my self-made asylum.

Coffee tastes like my life now

Like shit

Censor out the heaven-like scenes out of life
where Adam falls for Eves’ lies.

Those days are over.

Damn this cold coffee…

Never mind my gibberish doll
This poet is drunk off of the coffee that got cold waiting for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment