Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Now


No longer
do I look back at the voices holding me back
crying out my name.
I plug my ears
and I
cry out
from the very depths of my soul,
with the ferocity of a storm
in the heart of the sun.
It echoes in the walls of these skyscraping mountains
as it makes its way
up to Olympus,
shaking its very foundation;
Shaking my own foundation.

Not on your earth or heavens
is there a place for me

You’ve grounded me and
I wish the sky was made of glass, so
I could break through it
in my nightly wanders,
in which I search for the days
my heart lost its innocence during,
turning me ancient and grey.

It was all a gamble and I
was doomed to lose from the get go
given the hand you dealt me:
Fire, ice and rage were not a winning combination.

No matter.

Now

I want to start anew, like a sentence after a period
so I’ll start.

Now

No comments:

Post a Comment