Monday, March 12, 2012

Am I Blue


I just want you to know
That you are leaving the one who
Whenever there was talk of you leaving would bite his tongue
And curse God under his breath for being powerless against fate
And having you leave.
If there were any merit in heathenism
I would Sin in your arms by worshiping my new deity,
With such velocity that would earth the sky and
Levitate the mountains;
And no cloud would be allowed to overcast the sunshine
That is your soul.
know that I have galaxies
hidden
between my bones and
I will love you
until
the last star burns out.
 Leaving is a trait that does not become you,
And longing and I do not make proper bedfellows.
Besides
tears are not a democratic way to hinder your departure.
I’m too lead-limbed to wave you good bye as you board your flight.
I know; I know that no seat-belt is tight enough to safely keep your tears in place.
Once you get there
Lose the thought of me in the crowd
Amidst the trafficking cars and the crowding people and the deafening sounds
The blinding lights
Sentence me to solitary cigarettes with a lifetime
Of broken records as my soundtrack.
If you ever want me, find a café on the corner of
hope and heartache
Order two cups of coffee
And talk across the table
To my vacant spot
Talk so that it would make the coffee cups fall in love
And here
I will walk into the first diner I find
Go to the jukebox
Give all my money down to the last cent
And have it play on repeat
As night becomes day
Am I blue…”

No comments:

Post a Comment