Monday, March 12, 2012

Let There be Love; Let There be Ache


I’m sitting in the middle of the Garden of Eden
holding the forbidden fruit in my hand
staring at it
thinking of you.
To submit, or rebel?
That is the question.
Without you, I have all of heaven
with you, I have love.
And on this dilemma do I debate.
I’ll place the apple on the grass
if you love me, take a bite.

One apple, one bite, Gods’ wrath
what am I to do?
You are gone and heaven has become hell.
and no God is just that severs me from you.
I take a bite and I hear,
Bells and thunder
deafening
 Gods’ wrath
I’ll be cast from the side  of my creator
and to my love I shall descend.

How easily did I prove my point
and how easily did I show
loves might
and the cunning and brutality of
envy.
Forgive me, my love, for I could not stand you
dividing your love,
and I,
having to share you.
Do you see now God?
That I, Lucifer, love you most!

Had you loved me,
you wouldn’t bear hurting me.
And that is what I am, hurt
and unrequited love is my share
my unconditional love, yours all
as long as time stretches across eternity
I will be here
with open arms
and a broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment