Sunday, March 18, 2012

Broken Hour Glass


Years have gone by
When you and I,
In a sudden stop amidst the whirling of the seconds passing by
Face each other.
You look into my eyes,
And I,
Before my heart has the chance to skip a beat,
Am thrown back
In reminiscence
Looking on dusty shelves of half-forgotten and memories lost.
In these lost memories
There is someone who
Resembles  you
With the same constant smile.

A pair of malicious hands drags my thoughts to
The far corners of my most repressed memories,
where you set fire to the evergreen fields of my dreams.

You call me by my name
And the journey comes to a halt
And I am viciously thrown back into the present
And you are still there as I catch my reflection in your eyes.
You call my name with your same usual tone
It’s unfortunate that I have forgotten music
Or else your voice would’ve sounded familiar.
I’m sorry if my eyes treat you like a stranger
I can’t risk having your warm hazel eyes
Penetrate my shattered soul.
I’ve grown too old
To be stepped on by you
Once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment